Sunday, November 20, 2011

Holiday Photo Shoot

Today was about learning to use the self timer and tripod with my camera.

I really needed to get started on our Christmas cards and didn't have a good picture to use yet. These were all taken today in our front yard. Nothing fancy, just my camera, tripod and some simple editing tools.

I just got the Corel PaintShop Pro software for my laptop and I was able to make some really professional looking pictures.

I think they turned out really well.....Let me know what you think.







My one piece of advice about getting a new camera is considering shutter speed. We took our first Alaska cruise in 2008 and we did a whale watching expedition. Whales are fast. We saw several whales, but ended up with several pictures of splashes in the water. I would take the picture and have to wait each time for the camera to actually snap the photograph.

One of the first things we did was buy a new camera with a faster shutter speed. The one I picked even has a feature that takes sports action shots.

Please leave me comments about the pictures and any advice you may have. Thanks

Babe-O

No comments:

Post a Comment